Kilco Increased Biosecurity Plan
Kilco operate an enhanced biosecurity protocol in times of a disease outbreak (Notifiable Diseases) – additional/enhanced steps are advised to be carried out in conjunction with standard biosecurity protocols.
Prior to any visits check with each customer if there are any changes to their standard biosecurity protocols and follow advice from DEFRA and veterinary colleagues.
- Should a notifiable disease occur Kilco recommend that the following enhanced biosecurity practices are implemented: Stop all farm visits unless authorised. Any visitors allowed on site must report to site manager prior to entry of the site and ensure they wear site specific protective clothing and footwear. Disposal protective clothing must be left on site and not removed from the farm.
- Wheel disinfection: Viroshield to be increased to General Orders - 4% (1 to 25). Virex to be used at 1% General Orders (1 to 100). This should be checked daily to ensure there is sufficient solution available and at the correct dilution rate.
- Ensure all vehicles disinfect on entering & exiting the farm. Paying extra attention to wheels, wheel arches, tyres & mud guards.
- Non lidded foot dips to be changed daily.
- Control rooms to be cleaned and disinfected daily.
- Ensure all hand soap and hand sanitiser dispensers are full and used by everyone entering and exiting the site/sheds.
- Ensure Virex is used in addition to your standard disinfectant 2% (1 to 50) at terminal cleaning.
For contact details please view the PDF here.
Add your Comment
We have the ability to edit and/or delete posts and comments. Links should be relevant to the topics. Please note all comments are subject to review before inclusion.
- 28 2019
- 37 2018
- 26 2017
- 9 2016
- 4 2015
- 7 2014
- 3 2013
- 1 2012
- 1 2011
27th November 2019
Post-milking teat dipping is a vital step in your biosecurity program and for dairy hygiene...